My account is a page found under the control panel and it contains several key things for controlling your account.
Account Name: This is a general name that you can use to describe your account in WebFilter System.
E-mail: This is a general email that our staff can use to contact the primary owner of this account.
Please do not change this unless you really know what you are doing or directed by one of our support staff.
Filter Mime: Here you can specify what mime types you want WebFilter to filter on.
- More information: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Basics_of_HTTP/MIME_types
Bypass WebFilter Domains: These are the domains that WebFilter will bypass all together which require a secure connection.
- Let's say that you wanted to bypass WebFilter for your bank (US Bank) and school (ACHS), you would enter something like this: *usbank.com*,*achs.edu*
Use default Bypass WebFilter Domains? if you check this for your account, all of your users will be allowed into websites such as apple.com, itunes.com, and microsoft.com or any other website coming from the Os provider in order to allow updates and other features of the OS. Keep in mind the following items:
- All accountability partners (AP) get this option applied automatically in order to minimize problems when doing updates or installing apps.
- WebFilter will not be able to stop access to the websites mentioned above. This means that all the music, games, etc of iTunes/App store, etc will be available to the users if you choose this option.
Bypass WebFilter Clients? This refers to the client name of the program being used to access the internet.
- More Information: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/User-Agent
Use default Bypass WebFilter Clients? This is the same as "Use default Bypass WebFilter Domains" but using the client name or agent name. The same warning and features apply as for "Use default Bypass WebFilter Domains"
Have some questions about how to use this? Please let us know via a ticket at Support@WebFilterNow.com